Learning New Skills

 Wednesday, October 27, 2010


I am a 3rd generation cake decorator and have been reflecting on some family history. My grandmother who was very talented did all her cakes out of buttercream icing. She would pipe, lace and make all of the flowers from buttercream. Thinking about this made me realize that my buttercream decorating skills are not where they need to be. I realize that not everyone likes the texture or even the taste of fondant. We use an awesome brand of fondant that taste sweet and good, but it's not for everyone. This week was my mom's birthday and so I used it as an opportunity to work on the buttercream skills. This cake is definitely NOT perfect but good for a first try. It is vanilla pound cake filled with bavarian cream and decorated all in buttercream.

I look forward to progressing my skills so stay tuned for more updates.

1 comments:

Nikki October 27, 2010 at 7:16 PM  

What an awesome talent you have Betsy! I will be 27 in a few months, want to make me a cake and send up towards Chicago? hehe

Post a Comment

Morris Family Spring Photos 2010

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP